Tuesday, October 30, 2007

And the Drumroll, Please . . .

And now, for the moment we've all been waiting for. . . IT'S A BOY!

My heart was kinda set on a baby girl, but it's exciting to have another boy. I wasn't disappointed like I thought I would be; and now that I think about it, I've realized God must really think a baby boy will complete our family perfectly. So, whatever He chooses for us, I am elated!! I certainly look forward to the many more "You're pretty, Mama"s, and the "I love you, Mama"s. I definitely can't get too many of those!!

Everything is still wonderful with the pregnancy. I'm right at 20 weeks and I'm feeling terrific. Just last week I began feeling him move around. A few days later, proud Papa felt him too. He seems to be pretty active, and is growing quickly. He is now 15 oz., which the doctor said is slightly above average, but healthy. Did anyone expect a tiny baby this time around?

We are all really getting excited. It's beginning to feel more realistic now. The boys are ready to have another brother; and Caleb and Aaron are starting to ask "How does the doctor get the baby out of your belly, Mama?" Does anyone care to help explain that one?

We're not quite sure about the name yet. We had thought of the name Malachi, but now that we're sure it's a boy, we're rethinking that one!

So thanks for putting up with my rambling. . . I'm just a little overjoyed right now! Please keep our growing family in your prayers, and we'll keep you posted in the meantime.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! At least now you don't have to figure out what to do with a girl. Can't wait to meet him.