Sunday, September 2, 2007

Back to School Update

Jeff, Caleb, and I visited Jonathan and Aaron for lunch at school the last two Friday's. We've decided to try and make this a regular thing. I took a couple of pictures of the cuties eating and thought this would be an excellent opportunity to brag about them a little.


Aaron is absolutely loving Kindergarten. He has told us he's made 4 friends. One of his best buddies is Lucas, who is sitting beside him in the picture. His class has been learning how to write the letters "C" and "S," and I must say, Aaron has beautiful handwriting. His teacher always writes "Nice Work" on his papers, and he is excited to make her so proud. He has learned several new songs, which he enjoys singing to us at home. He's even teaching Caleb! Aaron's also reading a few words already. He takes much pride in the work he does, and wants to keep everything; so I guess it's time to stock up on scotch tape and make room on the walls to hang up his brilliant masterpieces!
Jonathan feels grown up in Second Grade, but is learning that it's not quite all it's cracked up to be. He was excited at first about bringing school books home and doing homework. After a week of the full experience, he's decided that "homework just wastes his time when he could be playing." As much as he's despising homework, he's amazing us with his genius brain. Last year, he was referred to the "intellectually gifted" program at school by his teacher. After several preliminary tests throughout the year, we were just informed last week that he was accepted. He far surpassed the necessary score to be eligible. His score actually falls within the range of scores designated as SUPERIOR and exceeds the performance of 97% of kids his age. WOW! Jonathan is looking forward to starting the SPOTLIGHT program in a few weeks, and we are so proud of him!

This next week holds a lot in store for Caleb. He'll be starting Preschool at a little church, and attending only half a day everyday. We think this will be a great opportunity for him to make his own friends. He's been moping around a little since both of his brothers started school. We'll post later about his first week. In the meantime, be praying for him, us, and his teacher (and her sanity!), as we enter this new stage in his life.

I could go on and on about these guys, but mostly anyone who knows them understands how special they are. So enjoy the few pictures and stay tuned for more stories, because our lives are about to get even busier.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aaron,
I'm proud to hear you are doing so well in school. Ma I want to see all your papers that you are saving and have you explain them to us. I also want to hear about your new girlfriend.
Jonathan,
I am not suprised at all that you scored 'superior' on your tests. I've told you a hundred times that you are smarter than any boy of your age that I've ever seen. You know something else? When I took a test like that when I was in school, I scored in the top 97% too. The only problem was, that in my case I was dumber than 97% of all the kids my age. I don't know how I got to be so smart after I grew up.
Caleb,
I bet you are going to do just as well in your pre-school as your brothers are doing.
Love ya'll, Pa
p.s. T-Bone said to tell ya'll "bark....bark, bark bark....bark" That means he misses ya'll and will be happy when ya'll come down here and throw some cheese to him.

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited and proud for all of you and your wonderful school accomplishments! I think you are absolutely brilliant and I'm sure you will continue to excel at all you do. Jonathan, homework is awful but I know you will be like your Dad and always do it all without complaining (HA!). Aaron, I bet you are going to be a fantastic reader by the end of this year, and your Dad truly loves to read and always did. Caleb, I can't believe you are in school - it seems like just yesterday you were my little Papoose baby! Much love to all of you from Nana and Pepaw!!!

Nana