Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day!

We awoke this morning to Jonathan's voice ringing out "Happy Valentine's Day!" As he commenced to say "I love you" to everyone, I couldn't help to think that this is what love is all about. I am so grateful God ultimately showed His love through the sacrifice of His Son; but He didn't stop there. He still demonstrates His great love to me everyday through the love of my sons, and many more instances in life. How thankful I am to have such an awesome Lord and a family who loves Him so much.

Jonathan brought home a writing assignment in which he was asked to write about what love is. Of all the answers he could have used, he thought about his brothers, his best friends, his buddies for all time. This spawned an idea. I polled the three (of the four) loves of my life this morning about what love is and these are the results:

LOVE IS:
Jonathan: When my brothers share their stuff with me.

Aaron: When Mama Nance gave me that Art Kit.

Caleb: God.

As we go through the day, let's try to remember the greatest Love of all time and show that love to others. We hope everyone has a Happy Valentine's Day! We love you!

No comments: